I suggest you ...

Add support for tasks

It would be nifty if stories could contain tasks that were simple todo lists - i.e. "Spring cleaning" could be divided into "Wipe some dust", "Wash the floor", etc., that could be marked as completed individually.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mookid8000 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Your interface is perfect. I think if you swipe down after selecting a specific item, that should be the way to create sub tasks for the item. That is the only remaining item lacking as I review your program against Swipes and Wunderlist. I'm in the process of deciding which of the three to use for my team of exercise planners.

• Brent Wilson commented  · 

An idea might be to change the stages to show a single line on the Kanban Card. I have Seen this in use on other productivity software

So you have a single card that has multiple lines
        "Buy Soap¤
        Wipe Dust from Floor¤
        Wash Floor"

What is seen on the board is "Buy Soap".

When Buy Soap is Done you open the Card and delete the "Buy Soap" text and "Wipe Dust From Floor" becomes the next item shown on the Board

Now you can create long lists of next actions and work within the standard infastructure without the clutter

Using David Allen
        The (next) action needs to be the next physical, visible behavior, without exception, on every open loop.. This is what you should be focusing on..

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would also like to have a 'checklist' facility for a story
        This can help in some rather large stories which are placeholders and which will be implemented as tasks

Adding comments would also be useful but may clutter up kanbana as a simple approach

• AdminTroels Richter (Admin, Kanbana - improve your workflow) commented  · 

In my personal task board I all most never have the need to break down in tasks in advance. I know by myself that "Spring cleaning" requires "Wash the floor" and "Wipe some dust" before I'm done.
        But sometimes my tasks change as I start to work on them because they requires something that I didn't knew to start of with. I started the "spring cleaning" but found out that I ran out of soap. Then i need to buy soap before I can get on. In these cases I often just add it to the description even though this is not perfect.
        The tradeoff of adding tasks is that your board becomes more cluttered and your clarity suffers from this.
        If I can find a solution where you can add tasks without cluttering the task board with too many details I'll probably add the feature but I haven't found a good way yet.

• Ryan Cross commented  · 

I think it is related - but I would also like to have support for comments on stories. In a real project, there is often lots of data/information that should be attached to a story besides just a title

Feedback and Knowledge Base